> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Go after that contractor
Login | Register

Go after that contractor

Posted by Jim -ATS on March 14th, 2000 04:18 PM
In reply to NEW HOME PROBLEMS by KELLY GIALOUSIS on March 14th, 2000 03:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

Several things, first of all, your mortgage lender should be able to provide heavy duty assistance on this, as their collateral is at risk. I would contact them immediately.

Second, your contractor should have a bond and insurance. Go after those immediately. The bond and insurance information should be available as a public record through the OHIO state department of licensing or labor and industries.

Third, contact your homeowner's insurance agent. They can also be of heavy duty assistance in resolving your situation.

Fourth, the conditions you describe are abysmal, and I don't even know where to start. I would hire a structural engineer to make recommendations, but it sounds as if the problems are so extreme that the home may be beyond repair.

Sounds very nasty, and not a situation that will be solved in the near future. Your insurance company should be able to assist you with temporary housing arrangements until the situation is resolved.

For other suggestions, read my post from the last couple of days in response to the title "terminally ill husband"

In the future, please don't use ALLCAPS IT IS VERY HARD TO READ. THANKS!

Good luck and god bless.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC