> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > gl blocks To Patti
Login | Register

gl blocks To Patti

Posted by Bobby on February 13th, 1998 01:02 PM
In reply to Glass block response to bobby by Patti W on February 12th, 1998 11:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

I'm not sure what brand Home Depot carries, but I'll check if I'm there this w/e. Another thought, both at Menards & Home Depot, not only do they sell the blocks by the piece... they sell the windows made-up, in a few standard sizes, already cemented together, with & w/o vents, and then they band them with s/s bands to hold them together. They are sized a bit smaller than the openings, and then you simply remove the old windows (and frame, if brick bldg), lay a bed of the correct cement, tilt in the assembled unit, and pack the cement in around it... from inside & out. It really ISN'T all that bad. After paying for them installed first, I did it myself at my parents. Went fine, just do one window at a time so you don't rip out more than you can cover in the same day, of course. This method is MUCH easier, IMO, than creating the window piece by piece, and the finished job is instantly satisfying.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC