> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Getting rid of bad walls..
Login | Register

Getting rid of bad walls..

Posted by Sal on January 14th, 2003 06:20 PM
In reply to stipple brush by Jae Cho on July 26th, 1998 09:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

Hi - In my 1919 home, I inherited a bizarre decorating idea in one of the bedrooms and can't stand it anymore. Two of the walls are finished with what appears to be stipple plaster - i.e. very rough, sharp-edged plaster-type finish (if you happen to rub the wall with your hand while laying in bed, you're in for a nasty cut...honest!). Someone has tried to cover up one of the walls by putting up one-by-two's as studs and then nailing some dark panelling to them (this isn't a good look either!). So - I would like to finish the walls and make them smooth and paintable...any ideas? I was thinking of putting up some drywall on both walls and then taping and painting -- but I'm not sure what I should do to the walls first (i.e. how to try to smooth the stipple as much as possible, what sort of supports should I put on the walls in order to secure the drywall, etcetera??). I'd appreciate any tips or advice. Cheers, Sal.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC