> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > get the literature
Login | Register

get the literature

Posted by Mongo on September 4th, 2001 04:15 PM
In reply to Smoke Detectors by Judy Gonzales on September 4th, 2001 01:11 AM [Go to top of thread]

One thing that I like to see is the builder saving every single scrap of paper from every single product installed in the house and presenting it to the homeowner. Installation info, warranty info...everything. Ask the builder fo the literature.

I gather that since it's a new house, they're new detectors.

Your best bet would be to pull down one of the detectors and copy the manufacturer and model number off of the detector's housing.

Most manufacturer's have web sites with product literature on-line. Try to find it next step would be to call the manufacturer's 800 number and ask them.

Lastly, the next time you visit a home center, if they have the same model there read the info there.

the following applies to detectors in general, meaning it may not apply to your models.

Most detectors have a green light that indicates it is being powered by AC. the light is either steady (powered) or blank (not powered). A steadily flashing green light? I honestly don't know. If it flashes as you walk across the room (floor vibrations), perhaps the wires may not be fully twisted together...but that's a real long shot. For one, maybe...for several? I'd doubt it.

The red LED is a battery indicator. A blink about once a minute means everything is okay, once a second means it's detected smoke (should have audible alarm as well), a chirp means a low battery.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC