> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Get something square like the top of a cigar box lid
Login | Register

Get something square like the top of a cigar box lid

Posted by Moderator, Steve on September 30th, 2002 02:19 PM
In reply to hole in wall by ellen on September 30th, 2002 02:07 PM [Go to top of thread]

or anything square that will be a bit larger than the actual hole.

Now take this lid and go to the damaged area and carefully with a box knife cut out the square using the box lid as a template.

then find a closet or behind a large piece of furniture or any place wallpapered that you can steal a patch from and place on the hallway area.

When you find that spot, place the outer traced cut out piece exactly over the same pattern and then cut it out. Use the box lid again as the template.

Now, take this cut out, and get some seam sealer or some elmers glue and paste this patch in the cut out area. Smooth out the corners and this should blend perfectly.

This will treat the wallpaper patch area, the drywall area will have to be fixed with a piece of old rock or plywood.


Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC