> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Get it done
Login | Register

Get it done

Posted by JF on March 26th, 1998 07:26 PM
In reply to Major Screw Up with Bath Romodel by Poor Planner on March 23rd, 1998 12:06 PM [Go to top of thread]

Poor planner, it would be nice to know if the rough is PVC, ABS, Cast-iron of a lead bend? Your best bet would be if you have plastic for there is an offset flange that should give you the clearance you need left or right. If on the other hand your rough is Cast-iron the possible fix gets a little harder. You will need to get what is called a "Top Hat" it is a 4" round by 4-6" tall solder piece of lead with a 2" lead flange on top. This will allow to use a brass offset flange, only problem now is this flange is designed to offset the bowl front to back if you install left to right the bolt holes won't line up with the holes in the bowl. You will then need to buy two brass flange repair kits about $3.00 each, then cut a small section of the lip of the flange and locate the metal bar under the flange in line with the holes on the bowl. You must make sure the metal is under the flange because when the flange is fastened they will be holding the bowl down. The best you will be able to get from this is about 3-3-1/2". This fix is not easy and may take some time. Also check you local plumbing codes, and then decide what is best for you. good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC