> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > get contractor/inspector
Login | Register

get contractor/inspector

Posted by bc on February 16th, 2000 09:40 PM
In reply to need help by BARBARA DEWEY on February 16th, 2000 05:11 AM [Go to top of thread]

Barbara, according to your three posts, you may have more problems than we can help you with. I suggest you get a remodeling contractor or home inspector to look over your house. Those old houses can have lots of problems from the foundation on up. Pay them to lay out a plan of action and help work up a ballpark budget.

I hate to see you spend money on painting when you may tear it all up fixing something else later on such as the plumbing, electrical, insulation, etc. See what is wrong with the house in total and then work out what can be done in phases and according to your budget. As far as the painting bid and other work, get a few estimates and don't always pick the low bid. It is hard to evaluate that bid of $1600 cause I don't know what it includes and what prep work is needed in accordance with the conditions of the walls.

Post back if you have something more specific. If you are trying to reach *** ****, I think there is a way to email his people but it is doubtful you will get him to do a TV project for you. The people who respond on this board are people volunteering their time and expertise to help this board. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

  • need help by BARBARA DEWEY  2/16/00 05:11 AM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC