> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Generally a code requirement
Login | Register

Generally a code requirement

Posted by Jim Bosley on August 20th, 2001 09:00 PM
In reply to he's right, plus... by jb on August 16th, 2001 04:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

In commercial construction, any modification of this type generally requires plans which have been stamped (meaning the design has been analyzed and approved) by a registered Professional Structural Engineer, and I think (the internetellegentia can correct me here if I too far off) that your building permit will require this drawing.

The previous two comments were right on. Have someone who knows what they are doing analyze your situation, and have someone who knows what they are doing intall the mods.

I have a pool table in my basement, and I have a short cue for the unusual shot where my column interferes. A lot cheaper!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC