> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > GE Zoneline3100 (thru the wall)
Login | Register

GE Zoneline3100 (thru the wall)

Posted by jeanne on October 24th, 2002 10:27 PM

Help needed ASAP
This unit was 5 1/2 yrs. old when it started to make some noise. Serviceman said if it wasn't the switch replace unit. Switch was replaced but in meantime did not have any "juice" getting to unit although beakers did not kick off , two new 220 cartridges were replaced. Unit turns on/off, fan runs but no heat or A/C comes out. Serviceman says replace unit compressor no good...not available and it would cost as much to replace it as it would to buy a new one and have it installed.(slipped into sleeve already there)Cost $3200.00. Now my questions...could a wire have burned out or become unplugged from compressor?? I don't know what the compressor looks like. I have contacted GE's customer service but it is out of warranty (5 Yr.) It seems to me that since this unit is only used when it is hot or cold that I didn't even get 2 yrs. use out of it.It is the only source of heat and cool for the room and if you can't think of anything I can do to repair this I must go borrow some loot to replace this approx. 45" x 16" heatpump. If I MUST do that can you recommend a unit???? Or should I brick in the wall and get something else??? This room is above another room which has a 26 yr old unit in it which I am expecting to go soon as it seems to freeze up when running too long.(?) These two rooms are an addition to the house and not on the central heat unit. Can you make any suggestions..I cannot do any of this work myself.
Thanx looking forward to hearing from you Jean

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC