> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > GE Heat/AC
Login | Register

GE Heat/AC

Posted by Jean on October 27th, 2002 12:54 AM
In reply to Heat Pump by Mike on October 26th, 2002 08:21 AM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Mike, The compressor doesn't go on at all... I meant the unit turns on , fan runs , switch goes to low or high both for heat and air but no heat or A/C comes out of the unit and if I leave the fan run for an hour or so the compressor still doesn't kick in. The breakers (2-220 cartridges) never did kick off ...the serviceman said they weren't any good because the unit wasn't getting any electricity when he checked it he turned it on and said nothing I had an electrician replace the 2 breakers.The next time he put a new switch in but said the compressor was bad since he couldnt hear it kick in and no heat or air came out. Which is why I wondered if it were possible that he disconnected a wire going to the compressor or a wire had burned out and only needs to be replaced.I'm going to have my grandsons pull it out of the wall tomorrow to see if we can see anything like disconnected but as I said we don't know what the compressor looks like or if it will be in view.
Have a great day after getting that extra hour sleep!!!! thanx Jean I'll be back.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC