The Potterton Gas Boiler heat output was well down and I had done all the obvious things with no improvement. So I decided to take the burner assembly apart not an easy task but possible. I found in my case 4 Brass jets inside, one for each burner radiation segment and in each case the jet was blocked to about half it's full size. I carefully cleaned out each jet and then re assembled the burner assembly the result was a boiler back to it's designed efficiency and a very happy owner. in future I will check these jets on the yearly Boiler Over Haul. I wonder how many people out there have changed out thier boiler thinking they were WORN OUT when all they needed was to clean out the Burner assembly jets.