> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Garage Door Opener Remotes Suddenly Have Reduced Range!
Login | Register

Garage Door Opener Remotes Suddenly Have Reduced Range!

Posted by Lee Van Doren on June 20th, 2000 08:35 AM

Craftsman 1/2HP Garage Door Opener:
I dont know the model but it was manufactured in early '99, it is 1/2HP and does not come with the premium wall control.
I recently moved into a house with two of these. The remotes were working just great for a week, then all of a sudden the other day the remotes (I have 3 of them) ALL only work now within TWO FEET of the opener. The range has severely diminished on both units and using all three remotes. I have no idea what happened!
I tried splicing a wire onto the end of the antenna to extend it and it made no difference. I was trying to think what changed in the environment on the day this happened. The only thing was we did have a bad thunderstorm and lost power for several hours. I see nothing in the area that would cause RF interference and no physical damage to the units. Could it be that a nearby lightning strike caused damage to the receiver boards?
I read something in the manual about a LOCK mode for premium wall panels but mine does not have a premium wall panel and in lock mode the remotes arent supposed to work at all.
I checked the battery in one of the remotes and it was reading over 3.1v so it is still as good as new. Besides ALL remotes are exhibiting the same behavior.
Any ideas???

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC