> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Garage door insulation Good News / Bad News!
Login | Register

Garage door insulation Good News / Bad News!

Posted by Dave Olds on February 21st, 2003 07:26 PM
In reply to Garage Door Insulation Kit from Home Depot by Robert Gilliam on December 9th, 2000 08:30 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 2 people found this post helpful

After reading over 2 years of frustrated emails in this thread, I just HAVE to insert my "2 cents"!
1. I have an articulated roll-up door on a "standard" two-car garage in California.
2. The door is made up of 46" and 43" wide panels of 3 different heights (!).
3. I went to Home Depot to buy a "kit", thinking it was a no-brainer.
4. No "kit" available, but 4'x8'x1" "garage door insulation" panels from Insulfoam at about $8 apiece available with installation info printed right on the boards! Uh, that is, if you were going to staple, tack or nail it to your steel garage door!!!!
5. So asked "expert" employee what kind of adhesive I should buy to make sure it would not deteriorate with afternoon sun shining on it (steel door surface temps estimated at ABOVE 140F transmitted to the inside glue surface!). Answer: "Huh?"
6. Went to ....... No customer service number, so I called the factory in Northern California. Woman VERY perturbed that I called without being a contractor ordering at least enough product to cover a small city, that I was surprised that they had no customer service number where I could obtain technical info, and REFUSED to relay my suggestion that Insulfoam establish an 800 customer service line. Gave me toll number to salesman assigned to my area, which I called.
7. Left a message stating that no adhesive recommendation was available on web, or face of product, and that .pdf brochure on the "kit" would not open even though I have Acrobat 5.
Suggested that Insulfoam join the 20th (NOT the 21st --- I didn't want to shock them!) century and get a customer service 800 number......I don't expect to hear from him....
8. Do these Luddite companies realize that this is only ONE of several sites on the web where information on their response to the end-user (read "money supply" and "consumer spending" as encouraged by the Prez!) will be broadcast to thousands??!! I personally know of TWO companies I won't buy stock in, as I don't expect them to last.....

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC