renovateyourworld.com > Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > FURNANCE SMOKES /OIL FURNANCE
Login | Register

FURNANCE SMOKES /OIL FURNANCE

Posted by Ray Hinson on March 20th, 2003 02:16 PM
In reply to Carbon dust by W.M.Seto on January 20th, 2003 09:53 AM [Go to top of thread]

I HAVE A OIL FURNANCE THAT WHEN I TURNED IT ON THE FURNANCE WOULD RUN FOR ABOUT 30 SEC AND THAN SHUT OFF. I THEN WOULD PUSH THE RESET AND IT WOULD COME BACK ON AND RUN THE SAME TIME AND SHUT OFF. I LOOKED AT EVERYTHING AND FOUND THAT THE ELECTRIC EYE THAT SEES THE FLAME THE GLASS WAS VERY DIRTY SO I CLEAN IT OFF AND THAN HIT THE RESET BUTTON AND THE FURNANCE STARTED UP AND STAYED RUNNING. I THAN WENT OUT TO ALL THE HEAT DUCTS IN THE HOUSE AND THEY ALL WERE PUTTING OUT HEAT REAL GOOD. SO I LEFT THE HOUSE FOR ABOUT 30 MINS AND COAME BACK IN AND FOUND THAT THE HOUSE WAS FULL OF SMOKE. I WENT OUT TO WHERE THE FURNANCE WAS AND THAT ROOM WAS WORSE. I OPENED UP ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS AFTER I SHUT THE FURNANCE OFF AND WHEN I TOOK THE FRONT COVER OFF I NOTICED ALOT OF BLACK SULT ALL OVER THE INSIDE. I THAN WENT OUT TO THE OTHER ROOMS AND FOUND THAT THERE WAS ALSO THE SAME SMOKE ON THE GRILL PLATES AND WALL NOT BAD THOUGH. THE WORSE WAS IN THE COVER OF THE FURNANCE. I WIPED IT DOWN A LITTLE AND HAVE NOT TURNED THE HEAT BACK ON YET. I TRYED TO CALL SOMEONE TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT IT AND THET TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO COME OUT AND LOOK AT IT FIRST AND WOULD NOT TELL ME WHAT IT COULD BE OVER THE PHONE. THEY ALL TELL ME THAT IT WILL BE A 85.00 HOUR CALL AND 35.00 JUST TO COME OUT. I DONT HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY SO I WAS HOPING YOU COULD TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE. I TALK TO A FRIEN OF MINE AND HE SAID HE THOUGHT IT COULD BE THE HEAT EXCHANGER. THAT IT SHOULD NOT BE THROWING OUT BLACK SMOKE LIKE THAT AT ALL.COULD YOU PLEASE WRITE ME BACK AND MAYBE LET ME KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. I THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND IN READING MY PROBLEM

THANKS
RAY HINSON

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC