> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > fumes from polyureathane finished floor
Login | Register

fumes from polyureathane finished floor

Posted by V Turnbull on November 15th, 1999 06:44 AM

Help! I had wood floors put down, and a polyureathane finish (Minwax) was
used. it's been over 2 weeks since the last coat was put down. As it
turns out, I'm highly allergic to the fumes and have been living on
prednisone and benadryl for about a month now. And I'm still having major
hives and asthma.
Is there anyway to get rid of the fumes? I've mopped it with alcohol,
water, have had all windows and doors open and 8-10 fans going constantly in
the area. and I've also been using an electric air-cleaner. It still
smells like polyurethane.--and although I;'m staying out of the most
recently coated area and can't now smell fumes in areas that were finished
3-4 weeks ago, I still get hives and asthma if/when I go in that area.
I have contacted Minwax, and they have been no help what-so-ever.
PLEASE HELP! Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Any idea about where to file complaints about toxic chemicals?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC