Our home is 25 years old, has an oil furnace. For the past three years, when the furnace is running there is a distinct odor of what can only be described as diesel fuel exhaust when you walk by a heating vent. We have had our furnace repair people here to check the furnace -- they can find no way that any fumes can be escaping from the fire box. They were here yesterday again. Both my husband and I smell it. We bought a carbon monoxide detector -- it does not register any carbon monoxide, but we are concerned about breathing these fumes. What could be causing this? We are considering changing over to a heat pump, but we already have a separate air conditioning unit that was replaced only a few years ago. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.