> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Frustration
Login | Register

Posted by JackD on February 1st, 2001 12:52 AM
In reply to Its more personal by TD on January 31st, 2001 08:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

TD, I understand your frustration and you're right. It's not only small towns but all towns that act this way. You certainly can fight them, but let me ask you, is it worth it? How much does it cost to fix the problem? If you don't fix it and the house doesn't sell, how much have you lost? And what of your buyers? And you'll still have to fix it before you sell the house next time! How much time are you spending on this and what's your blood pressure? How much time are you going to have to spend with lawyers, in court and when the court rules against you (what are the chances of that in a small town?), what's your blood pressure going to be then? Especially when you have to pay the lawyer anyway. I don't like being pushed around either but sometimes we have to pick our battles, (hopefully ones that we have a chance of winning)and at my age, I'm tired of fighting! We could get into a long discussion of right and wrong, but in the end it wouldn't matter. You might win, but it wouldn't stop them from continuing to do the same thing to the next guy, they wouldn't change. Another thought is that they focused on this problem and even if you win, they'll really start digging for violations then. In the service during IG inspections, we'd leave a couple of minor items wrong for them to find. They'd find them right off, write us up for a minor violation and head for the officers club. I've been in your situation many times and hated to give in, but usually, it was best for all if I did. Hate it! Just my thoughts. Good Luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC