> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Frozen?
Login | Register

Posted by JackD on April 11th, 2001 03:54 PM
In reply to Bursting of pipe to spicket by LR on April 11th, 2001 10:23 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

LR, if I'm reading your question right, you burst a pipe in the wall and it blew a hole in the inside wall? Sounds to me like you had a frozen pipe or possibly a bad solder joint on the connection to the outside faucet. Unless it's still freezing where you are and just thawed out, I wouldn't think it would have been a frozen pipe. I live in the south and have never had or seen a house with individual shut-off valves for the outside spickets. That don't mean they don't have them and they're not out there. Still, as said earlier, freeze proof or frost proof spickets are the way to go, no matter where you live. I think they're a problem to retro-fit because of their length. Usually somewhere around 6 or 8 inches long. Covering the faucet in the winter is always a good idea. Hope you called your insurance company because it's probably a covered hazard. Remember, you have a broken pipe, a hole in the wall that needs repair, a wall that will need painting, carpet pad that will need to be replaced, water extraction costs for the carpet or possible carpet replacement. It'll add up to a lot more than your deductable. Good luck.

Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC