> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > friendly discussion
Login | Register

friendly discussion

Posted by bc on January 23rd, 2001 01:32 PM
In reply to I stand corrected, still... by The Insulator on January 23rd, 2001 01:11 PM [Go to top of thread]

I guess the insulator and I can have a friendly disagreement and let it go at that and the reading public can take whatever position they want.

The insulator is basically saying that you want a house that is tight with no leakage or breathing and I say a house needs to breath either passively through walls, etc. or if the house is sealed tight with no leakage or breathing, then through mechanical means such as ventilators and dehumidifiers, etc.

Nuff said on that.

Might also add that from my Army winter survival training where we built snow caves in the mountains and snow (or ice) is also an insulator and the temperature inside of snow or ice is approximately a steady 32 degrees. Body heat along with a candle can make a snow cave livable. As another aside, remember the old diehard commercial where the car started after sitting on this frozen lake in frostbite falls minnesota all winter with below zero temps, well it was covered all winter with a foot of snow which kept the engine department at around 32 degrees and protecting from howling blizzards.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC