> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fridge
Login | Register

Posted by Mickey on April 26th, 1999 02:49 PM
In reply to Value of Fridge by H K on April 26th, 1999 11:02 AM [Go to top of thread]

Depending on the cost of the home you are about to buy, I am wondering WHY the seller would not just include it in the home price, and if he is doing that, why doesn't he want the refridgerator?
Given the new standards, and laws that have been legislated to make refridgerators much more insulated and efficient over the past eight years, I don't really think that you would be getting a "good" deal on this fridge unless you absolutely can not afford a new unit which can start at about seven hundred dollars.
It might be too costly to buy, run, and possibly maintain. Granted that i have no idea about Jenn-Air refridgerators, or their different models I still reccomend sinking around one thousand dollars for a new unit that is half the cost to run, and will be warranted, and virtually cost zero to maintain in its first eight years of ownership.
If this is your first house, I realize that this is a tough decision to make, and it seems that you are being nickeled and dimed to death. But you've got to weigh the sides.
Hope I helped.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC