> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > french drains
Login | Register

french drains

Posted by Marty Fowler on November 7th, 1999 08:30 PM
In reply to Interior French Drain - Rigid or Flexible Pipe by Steve on November 4th, 1999 05:08 PM [Go to top of thread]

You can use either solid or flex pipe as ong as it is perforated. The holes should face the bottom opf the trench, the water will percolate up into the pipe and flow in the direction the pipe is slanted towards. If the holes were facing upwards the pipe would fill with sand and debris and become nonfunctional. Sometimes, the bottom of the trench can be lined with a plastic sheet and/or crushed rock.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC