> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > french
Login | Register


Posted by brAin on June 25th, 1998 01:45 AM
In reply to EXTERIOR FRENCH DRAINS by Kim on June 24th, 1998 09:36 PM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

I think your looking for a plumbing contractor, or a drainage contractor or sewer contractor.
As for the french drains--- I don't think you want that? A french drain is a drain that goes nowere, its only a trench that is filled with gravel to the top of the ground and has no outlet, it allows a quanity of water to collect and perculate through the ground. Unless your soil has good perculation then I suggest that you install drainage piping and gravel extended to an outlet to a sumppump if you can't gravity drain the area to the street or sum area away from the house.
good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC