> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > free standing wood burning heater instalation /safety
Login | Register

free standing wood burning heater instalation /safety

Posted by Doug McKinney on November 19th, 2002 07:17 AM
In reply to Wonderboard / Durorock Installation by Ron on December 11th, 2000 11:19 AM [Go to top of thread]

I have drywall walls and a wood floor. We are going to rock over after instalation. where do I need to start for safety I here about durorock but I'm not sure what to do? we have 1/4 " sand stone to glue to what ever we install over the walls and 2" stone for the floor. the roof is r pannel sheet iron set on 2 x 4"s on 2' centers. there is 2 x 4's behind drywall, 2' centers in the ceiling on engineered trusses and 16" centers in the wall with pink panther insulation. The floor is on 2 x6's on 2' centers with 1 x 8 ship lap sub with plywood top layer. Every thing is a fire hazzard. So where to start and with what? Do they make something to protect existing walls floor ect. or would it be better to tear out floor and pour a 8 x8 concrete slab? I have plenty of questions on instaliation and safety. I could use some info on what type of wood heater to purchase also, i would like one with a glass door and blower. surly they make one that protects or doesnt get so hot dont know what i'm trying to say. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thank you Doug McKinney

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC