> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > formica brand laminate flooring
Login | Register

formica brand laminate flooring

Posted by mina jo powell on March 27th, 2000 06:59 PM
In reply to more info please.... by BobF on March 27th, 2000 08:32 AM [Go to top of thread]

Ans. to BobF ?
This is a 16 year old brick home built on a concrete slab and has always been carpeted (kitchen previously tiled). It was a "professional" installation over the slab through the dealer--non discount small retail flooring business. The flooring was installed throughout the main part of the house including kitchen but not bathroom over clean concrete. There has never been evidence of water damage and I bought this house new. It is my feeling that I did not have proper installation. The flooring was not acclimated--moved from truck directly to installation (in August). I do not recall any spacers being used to allow for normal expansion and contraction but they may have. The buckling is between pieces of flooring--each section of flooring is OK--it is where the sections are glued together where some are popped up and worse in some areas than others. However, they have not separated. Floor is uneven and in one place high enough could cause tripping (between dining room and kitchen). Thanks

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC