> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Forget About It ...
Login | Register

Forget About It ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on January 9th, 2001 09:02 PM
In reply to painting ceramic tile in a bathroom by Anita Bosch on January 9th, 2001 08:30 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Anita,

First, you're talking about making what's already virtually a maintenance-free material into one that will now require maintenance. It's quite possible that if you paint the tile, you'll be doing it again and again EVERY year until you end up ripping it out. In addition, you're planning on selling the house. Perhaps the new Buyer want's pink. Perhaps they want to re-do the entire bathroom. Yes, perhaps they post up here in 2+ years wanting to know how to paint ceramic tile. The point is: I'd leave it alone if you're gonna be outa there in 2 years. IF you were to have the tile, itself, removed and professionally redone, it could take 3-7 years to 'recover' that expense.

Now, I will admit that there are probably as many people out there that will tell you to go ahead and do this as there are people, like myself, that tell you not to. BUT, if you want some 'external info', I've provided a couple of links for you to read. Read the pages and go from there.

How To Paint Ceramic Tile, Why NOT To Paint Ceramic Tile, and Zinsser's Way To Paint Ceramic Tile (Zinsser is a Paint Primer, et al. type-of-company ...)

Stick around and read what others have to say. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J -Moderator

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC