> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > For Pete ...
Login | Register

For Pete ...

Posted by Jay J -Moderator on March 12th, 2001 01:13 PM
In reply to OK then by Pete on March 12th, 2001 12:19 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your comments. I'm sorry you didn't leave a 'way' for me to contact you directly. With that, you're forced to air your particular 'difference of opinion' in the public's laundry mat ...

The 2 posts are less than 24 hours apart, if you haven't already noticed. The Professionals that come to this Forum to answer questions are NOT obliged to help anyone. And the same goes for the DIYer that's NOT a Professional. That's why you don't see Follow-ups saying, "Sorry, but I can't help you" or "Go somewhere else with your question because no one wants to help you." In other words, like I said initially - The reason no has made a Follow-up is because either 1) no one can help the Poster, or 2) no one [with an 'answer'] has seen the Post yet.

I did 'point' him back to his 1st post in this particular case. I'd certainly understand a double-post if, like, a week or 2 went by and no one answered the Post. You see, if you stick around long enough on the Forum, you'll see the SAME names in the Follow-ups over and over, again and again. Yes, there are Follow-uppers that come and go on their own too which is fine by me (if it's OK w/you. We can use anyone's help at any time.) Can YOU help anyone??? Yes, I HELPED the gentleman with his question IN ADDITION to 'making mention' of the duplicate post. Can you say the same? Besides, another reason I make mention of duplicate posts is for those people that write Follow-ups. It's much more 'beneficial' for the Poster and other readers on the Forum to see ALL Follow-ups under ONE POST. Now, am I 'over myself' yet? Does any of my 'explanation' have anything to do with me, personally? (Think not. I'm really thinking about the Poster, the regular Follow-uppers, the casual Follow-upper, and those folks that 'visit' the site for information.) I guess I owe you a thanks for seeing that I should get over ME. Hopefully, you'll see your way past all this.

Jay J -Moderator

PS: If you want to continue 'debating' double-posts or anything else you don't like about me or the Forum or whatever, I, along with others that don't particularly care to see our 'statements' on a public DIY forum, would appreciate it if you'd contacted me directly. My e-mail address is enclosed.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC