> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > followup - condensate pump
Login | Register

followup - condensate pump

Posted by Janet Harding on September 23rd, 2002 11:56 AM
In reply to Another thought Bob by Moderator, Steve on September 19th, 2002 05:02 PM [Go to top of thread]

Well, I've finally given in and am going to have the condensate pump installed. I have been going back and forth with the a/c people, and they gave me a couple of options. One was the condensate pump, the other was to have the unit raised. AFter all this, they tell me that the problem is that the PVC lines were installed going uphill and that is the reason that it won't drain. Probably why it kept freezing up too. After looking at the damage this has caused to my ceiling, and trying to live through the hot and humid hurricane season, I've decided that it's worth the $150 to protect my investment and my health. My husband was going to reroute the lines, pull out the pans, and try to do it that way but just the thought of it makes me shudder because i'm afraid to void the warranty on the unit. So . . . thanks for your help. I will definitely do the bleach and continue to post on the message board. With "this old house" I'll need all the help I can get!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC