> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Follow-up ...
Login | Register

Follow-up ...

Posted by Jay J on August 25th, 2000 12:53 PM
In reply to Most Likely ... by Jay J on August 25th, 2000 07:46 AM [Go to top of thread]

As you know, most folks have all kinds of thoughts conjured up when they hear asbestos. When you're all 'through' with this, you'll be the wiser to know if the dangers (if any) are/will be harmful.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd opt to have the linoleum removed. Look into that and what it would take to have the glue removed too. Reason being is that, these days, and CERTAINLY on into the future, Seller Disclosure is a very prominent thing. It would require you to disclose the presence of 'potentially hazardous material' in and around the house to a prospective buyer. If YOU know that there would be no danger to 'encapsulate' the flooring, a prospecitve buy might not see it your way. And the next buyer and the next buyer, and so on. Soooo, what I suggest is that you consider having the flooring removed along with the glue.

Once you're 'educated' on where the dangers lie, you will learn how to 'handle it' and 'deal with it'. Even though I know that the flooring is harmless if 'encapsulated', it will weigh heavily on me in my decision to buy a home. Again, it may weigh REALLY heavily on those who DON'T know. See what I'm saying??!

Once you've determined where the danger(s) lie, you can post back if you can't find the info on how to remove and dispose of the flooring. In the meantime, DON'T do anything until you're 'educated'. My best to ya and hope this helps.

Jay J

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC