> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > foam insulation
Login | Register

foam insulation

Posted by chris chafin on November 8th, 2000 07:35 PM

Twelve years ago I built an earth-burmed home for my family. On the exterior of the(3) poured concrete walls(the exposed wall is framed) I glued on 2 in. thick styrofoam insulating board. On the inside I furred out from the concrete walls with 1 1/2 in furring strips. I did not install any insulation between this furring thereby making a (semi) dead air space. I have had some minor moisture problems from condensation.
QUESTION- Does anyone out there know of a product such as a spray foam insulation that I could install in this air space myself? I understand that some products continue to expand as it cures and can blow drywall off of the studs, and crack joints.
I estimate that I will need a product that will provide aproximately 171 cu/ft of (cured) insulation.
Can anyone help me find this info?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC