> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fluidmaster
Login | Register


Posted by Raymond VinZant Plumbing Prof on March 26th, 2003 07:50 AM
In reply to thanks by Mary on March 25th, 2003 08:54 AM [Go to top of thread]

Fluidmasters my do the trick, but if your water pressure is too low, a better ballcock is an old float type. The opening between the diaphram and the seat that allows water to fill the toilet is larger in the old style mansfield. The fluidmaster is a good ballcock when the pressure is high, as in newer neighborhoods with pressure ranges in the 60 to 80 psi. When you live in an old neighborhood, of an older city, the pressure ranges are in the 45 psi range, and the fluidmaster ballcocks do not fair so well.
Good Luck

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC