> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > flue or firebox opening??
Login | Register

flue or firebox opening??

Posted by jb on October 31st, 2000 02:29 PM
In reply to chimney/woodstove by Eileen G. on October 30th, 2000 07:03 PM [Go to top of thread]

If you are talking about sealing the outer opening, then Harold is right. If you are talking about up in the chimney where the damper was, ie: filling between the stovepipe and the chimney flue, the best thing might be to take your old damper to a metal working shop and have them cut a piece of plate steel the same size, then cut a hole in it the exact outer diameter of your stovepipe, then cut it in half, bisecting the hole so you can get it up and in there. Just a thought...

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC