> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > florescent lights and cold wx
Login | Register

florescent lights and cold wx

Posted by Ed C on December 23rd, 2002 12:06 AM
In reply to Ceiling Insulation Follow Up by Bruce on January 5th, 2001 10:34 AM [Go to top of thread]

I live in Eastern AZ where it gets down to around zero during the winter. (Yes we have cold weather in AZ) My problem it that I have an florescent type outdoor lamp that replaced a sodiun vapor unit. I bought it in the middle of June and it worked fine. Until it started to get cold (freezing temps), I thought it was something in the wiring but it wouldn't even start on my work bench. OK, I got a bad unit and I will have to replace it. But now my outside porch light does the same thing. I replaced it with a WalMart special that uses a incandesant buld. Is there something about florescent lamt that they won't start when it is cold? I have a small one in the garage that is lit all of the time and no problem. I just wentout to the garage to find something and turned on the lite. Its 22.4 degrees out there and I was in the dark. the lights wouldn't work.
One unit - maybe bad, two units questionable, three units - whats going one anyway.
Has anyone ran across this problem before?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC