> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Flooring? What to do?
Login | Register

Flooring? What to do?

Posted by Sarah on April 5th, 2000 06:39 PM

Hello! I was very excited to find this site, I am hoping someone can help me! My husband and I are buying our first house. Actually it is a townhouse. We need to rip up the carpet on the second floor and replace it with something. We don't have a whole lot of money, so top of the line hardwood floors are out of the question. I would definitely like to avoid carpet. I have several questions/comments:
(Keep in mind we live close to the ocean and on a canal in Florida and our floor is poured concrete)

1) Someone suggested Pine flooring to us. They said it is inexpensive. They also said we would have to paint it a color instead of staining it. Is this true?

2)SInce the floor is poured concrete will all of the other work we have to do (subfloors, cutting the doors, etc)end up costing us more?

3)Is laying a floor like this something we can do ourselves? (Neither of us have any experience doing anything like this before.)

4) How do you find a good a good contractor to help you with something like this? How do you know if they are any good?

5) What abot wood laminate floors? Cheesy? Do they out-gas?

Sorry for all of the questions, we are new at this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

• Flooring by Dietrich  4/5/00 11:36 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC