> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > floor problems
Login | Register

floor problems

Posted by Henry in MI on June 18th, 2000 08:13 AM
In reply to old glue by yvette konigsfels on June 17th, 2000 10:53 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Yvette. I don't mean to step on Regina's toes, but there are some thoughts on this. Citristrip makes an adhesive remover that is made for this. I have not tried it but that may help you in cleaning up the old floor.

Before you paint your floor, see if you can talk to anybody else that has done this. My daughter, who had, says that the only sure thing with painting a floor is that you will be doing it again soon. Only some special paints, like epoxies, will stand up to the wear and tear that a floor gets.

You might start by checking to see if just removing the present top layer of floor is an option. It might be easier to just remove the present wood and put new plywood over the subfloor.

You might also look at some of the sheet vinyl flooring materials available. You can get these in about any kind of pattern. They are made for about any kind of abuse that a floor has to take. Real terra cotta tile is, of course, another option.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC