> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > floor choices
Login | Register

floor choices

Posted by bc on December 15th, 2000 07:30 PM
In reply to Your Flooring choices. by Steve: on December 15th, 2000 04:16 PM [Go to top of thread]

All floor coverings have their drawbacks as it will be with your case. I don't like walking on cold and grouted tile. I don't like walking on cold vinyl either. I always think dirt is sticking to my bare feet. My preference is a good quality low nap carpet which is nice to walk on. As long as you remember that any floor covering may have to be replaced in x number of years anyway, then pick the one you like best and go with it. Do a search by pressing control and f and then do separate searches for words like pergo, floor, wood, carpet etc. We have talked about them all. Other people and I wouldn't be afraid of pergo even in a kitchen and with dogs as long as you wipe up the occasional spill quickly and maybe put down a throw rug or runner for the dog and for people who will track in gravel. Some people have good luck with wood and dogs and some don't. May depend upon how big the dog and how trimmed you keep the nails. If you have a kitchen pipe break and leak, chances are any floor covering will get ruined anyway. That is what your homeowner's insurance is supposed to cover. Good luck.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC