We bought an 8 year old home (from original owners) 5 months ago, and went through standard inspections, etc. 3 Weeks ago, our heater stopped running (unit is under the house), and opened the cover to the crawlspace and were completely flooded, all the way to the subfloor of our house. Total nightmare. After emptying the water (took 2 days by professionals), we have found a mess... rot, (resulting in previous water problem), wrap around deck has no moisture barrier underneath and inadquate ventilation, so is completely rotten on the underside. There is so much mold, that the workers thought they were seeing a dead dog, but upon examination found it to be big clumps of mold (gag!). We are being told that this isn't covered by our insurance (flood damage) (we live in Oregon and had some heavy rains that week). We are now having a trench dug around the perimeter of the house, french drain, to route any water away from the house. All this, upward of $20,000 when all said and done to repair this mess, and not covered by insurance. Again, a nightmare. My biggest concern is the mold under the house, damp conditions. My son is highly allergic to molds. HOw do we properly dry out the underside of the house? Is it possible to treat the understructure of the house to not only rid ourselves of the current mold, but also prevent it any further in structures that are clearly soaked? We are taking the necessary steps to prevent further water/flood damage to the house by the trenching, and we have also had a sump pump installed that is continuously pumping out water. Our water table is only about 5 ft. any help you could offer would be very graciously accepted.