> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Flipper door systems
Login | Register

Flipper door systems

Posted by Henry in MI on April 30th, 2001 05:35 PM
In reply to pocket doors by Steve Bastian on April 30th, 2001 01:18 PM [Go to top of thread]

Steve, I'm not sure why you want to do this but the hardware is available. Rockler's catalog shows some available hardware for this on page 42 of their Winter 1 2000 catalog, for instance. Contact them at Woodcraft has a much more limited selection on page 122 of their November 2000 catalog. Check

I would be very careful building what you have described. The catalogs probably have enough info for you to lay out a full size drawing of what will go where. Be sure that everything fits everywhere and that you have room to open the doors. Remember, too that you may have a range of people from rather portly ones to young kids using the facility and you must allow for their needs.

As the weight of the doors goes up, the attractiveness of the hardward goes down. While the hardware will be inside the cabinet, so will you be while using the facility. And don't forget to allow some place for paper storage, one roll to use and one as a spare. Humidity could also become an issue with water in a closed space.

There are many toilets that are made to be attractive as well as functional. I hope that you have "done your homework" on the attractiveness of the cabinet and will continue to do it for the design.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC