> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Flat Roof
Login | Register

Flat Roof

Posted by Mark Lillie on December 17th, 2002 05:47 PM
In reply to Flat Roof = Problems by Billy on February 1st, 2002 05:15 PM [Go to top of thread]

I spent 5K on a new flat roof for my 1968 model house this fall (2002) thinking that I can finally keep my family dry only to find that it's leaking as bad as it always did. Problem is that the "New" Roof settled back 1/2 inch or so and water pools on the top. I talked to another contractor who MAY put a support beam under the 1/2 inch sag inside the house but doesn't think that it will be enough to push the water out toward the corner drains. The unlicensed unbonded roofer did put a drain pipe on either side of the swamp cooler when puting on the new roof, but I would like someone to suggest an inovative draining system so that my 5K wasn't all for nothing and I can keep my family dry. The only other option is to have it pitched or slanted and the former new roof would all have been a waste. (FYI-I learned several costly lessons during this process so you don't have to preach..believe me my father in law has that one covered!)

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC