> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Flat-bottom shovel
Login | Register

Flat-bottom shovel

Posted by David on January 21st, 2003 07:03 PM
In reply to Removing sub-floors by Julie on January 21st, 2003 02:32 PM [Go to top of thread]

Julie, the top layers are called underlay. The subfloor would be below the oak flooring you wish to expose. Begin in a doorway, where you can have room to pry between the sheets of underlay. Use a flat shovel or similar as a shield against damaging the oak floor, and pry from this with a claw hammer until you've opened it up enough to use a long prybar to get further in onto the sheet. Work it methodically, and often you can get entire sheets to come up, including most of the staples.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC