> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fixed my smelly house
Login | Register

Fixed my smelly house

Posted by Bob Gately on October 3rd, 1999 11:49 PM
In reply to House odor by Marty on September 2nd, 1999 10:12 AM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Dead Animal Smell by Handyman on 08/31/2006

I just recently purchased a house that was built in 1905. It needed (and still does) TLC. The first thing I had to do before moving in was to get rid of a bad smell. I don't know if this is in any way related to your problem but all I can do is tell you about mine. I removed the carpeting and two layers of linoleum. The bottom layer of linoleum was held down with black tar which I believe to be the cause of my bad smell. It was a lot of work to remove the tar but it was worth it because there was a nice wood floor underneath and now the smell is gone. Also, I found an odor eater product that helped get rid of odors. I can't find a name for the product bu it has a toll-free telephone number printed on it (800-621-2943).

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

• House odor by Marty  9/2/99 10:12 AM (: 52, : 24)

Topic Follow-ups:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC