> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > First check with your local Code department.
Login | Register

First check with your local Code department.

Posted by Jason on April 2nd, 2002 12:31 PM
In reply to converting 1family to 2family house by SAUNDRA RUBBINS on April 2nd, 2002 12:01 PM [Go to top of thread]

Greetings Saundra,

Hard telling what advice to give you because we don't know where you are on the world wide web!

But, what I can tell you is before you spend any money on architects and contractors, you would be well served to check at your local town/city hall, to see if this is an allowed use where you are located.

If this is not an allowed use where you are, your architect probably is not going to tell you. He/she is going to draw up the plans and you are going to pay for useless plans.

I know, I have seen this happen.

I'm the guy that makes the extra apartments go away!

Good luck,

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC