> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > fireplace insert
Login | Register

fireplace insert

Posted by Dan Loraditch on April 6th, 2003 11:41 AM

I saw today's episode that presented the gas stove inserts for existing fireplaces.
I have a rumsford style fireplace that I have used only once since it seemed to send all the heat in the house up the flu! Having a fire dropped the temp 5 degrees in a few minutes!

I would like to continue to use wood as fuel.

My ideal solution would be a fire-resistent glass faceplate. Hopefully I could vent heat out as well, but without drawing room air in and out the flu. There already is an intake vent that draws air form outside. This could be inside the faceplate.

Anyone know of such a device for sale?

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC