> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fireplace Extrordinair
Login | Register

Fireplace Extrordinair

Posted by John on November 19th, 2002 01:01 PM

I purchased a fireplace extrordinair two years ago. At the start of the third season of use, the unit began emitting a strange odor at start-up, which lasts about 10-15 minutes. It is so strong, I need to open the windows in the house to air it out. I have had it tested for gas and that is not the odor. My dealer is convinced it is dust burnoff (every day), even after it was cleaned spotless three times. We are now going back and forth with the company in an effort to get this resolved. I am wondering if anyone else out there has experienced anything similar with this gas fireplace brand. Additionally, just the other day I noticed that there is "black" paint rubbing off the outside frame of the unit, and am beginning to wonder if this may be what is causing the odor. Strangly enough, when I run it every day straight (at least once or twice a day), the odor is less noticable. It occurs after it sits for more than one day without running. Any insights from others out there should would be appreciated. Thank you.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC