> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fire stop
Login | Register

Fire stop

Posted by Henry in MI on April 19th, 2001 07:40 PM
In reply to No power vent and ... by bucksfan on April 19th, 2001 01:41 PM [Go to top of thread]

Bucksfan, you may need a firestop where your vent pipe goes up through the floor and the ceiling. Usually, just stuffing fiberglass (from insulation and without any facing) is sufficient but check with your local building inspector.

Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

  • Firestop by Harold Kestenholz - Hydronic Network  4/19/01 09:13 PM
  • Thanks guys! by bucksfan  4/20/01 01:51 PM

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC