> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Finishing Outside Basement Walls??
Login | Register

Finishing Outside Basement Walls??

Posted by Debi Martin on April 29th, 2002 12:56 PM

HELP! I have a beautiful house with disgusting basement walls. The basement stone layer must have been drunk.. the walls are wavy. From the front corner to the back corner of the house the walls are off by 3". At this point I would like to cover the walls with something to make them look nice. I have already fixed the crooked walls inside the house. The siding overhangs the block basement by 3/4". I would love to have the basement finished with a stone veneer but most of them would end up being 2 1/2" thick by the time that you add the mortar. This would leave the stone sticking out 1.75" beyond the siding. Is there anything that I can do to finish these walls and stay close to the 3/4" siding width. I realize that I can place a drip cap under the siding that will prevent the water from going behind the finish but I really think that if the walls are that much thicker than the siding it will look funny (worse than the wavy wall already looks!!). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC