> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > FINISHING BASEMENT
Login | Register

Posted by RICH on March 19th, 2001 01:47 AM

I know this question has been asked alot but the answers can sometimes leave you even more confused. I have a basement that is cement walls and floor. I am finishing it with floated metal studs. I do not want to put a sealer on the cement because when I tried it before it took a very large amount of sealer to cover a small area and the odor was bad for about 3 months. I have a few questions. First, I have a cold water pipe, that has so much condensation on it, any celing under it would be ruined. How do I stop condensation from forming on it? I thought insulation but don't know what kind. Second, do I put a vapor barrier against the cement or do I insulate between the studs then apply a vapor barrier and drywall? I saw a basement with insulation and plastic sheet nailed right to the cement is that the best way? Last, I assume I do not need a vapor barrier for the roof of the basement because it will only be insulated for sound proofing. Is this correct? Sorry for being so wordy but I have one shot to get it right. thank you for any help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC