> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > filler
Login | Register


Posted by Henry in MI on August 7th, 1999 07:36 AM
In reply to Tackstrips(2) by John 2000 on August 7th, 1999 05:13 AM [Go to top of thread]

0 of 1 people found this post helpful

John2000, the Minwax filler I use is a 2 part polyethylene resin similar to Bondo (if you have that in England). As a matter of fact, I use Bondo for filling where the work is to be painted, since it is a lot cheaper. Bondo also works great for exterior filling. These are both filled epoxies and smell strongly but the odor doesn't last. Minwax does make a colored filler that probably does have some beeswax in it but since it never hardens, you use it for different jobs. The resin based filler both gets harder than the wood and bonds to it so it is not going to move. Minwax's is sort of a wood color and Bondo is pink.
Henry in MI

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC