> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Fiberglass only
Login | Register

Fiberglass only

Posted by Henry in MI on July 17th, 1998 01:10 PM
In reply to shower stall crack by ken on July 17th, 1998 09:31 AM [Go to top of thread]

Ken, this will work for fiberglass only. Most of the ones that I have seen are f'glass but I'm sure I have not seen all of the various kinds available. I believe that you can get replacement parts for some of these but you would have to know the brand and what plumbing wholesaler or other source where it was purchased. F'glass does sometimes come with a gel coat that makes it not look like fiberglass. If the only choice is replacing it, you could try doing the drilling and grinding and that might give you some idea. If the grind area is a yellowish clear color, it is probably glass. The grind residue will be white and feel gritty. By the way, if you drill the ends of the crack, don't go too deep. You just want to "stop" the crack, not go into the backer board.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2017 Renovate Your World LLC