> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > Felling trees
Login | Register

Felling trees

Posted by Henry in MI on May 22nd, 1999 04:47 PM
In reply to Trees need to go. by Al on May 22nd, 1999 03:20 PM [Go to top of thread]

Hi, Al. Felling trees can be more dangerous to you than just by falling on the house. The butts can bounce around all over the place, for instance. While the process is basically pretty straight forward, it is also full of "Yeah, but's" depending on the kind of tree, its form and the surrounding area.

Why not consider hiring a pro to take down a few of them while you are watching. Most of them will be able to quickly tell you which trees will be the problem ones and which will be pretty easy. If you remunerate him well, He will be able to give you the info you need to do most of them--or kind enough to tell you that they are above your experience level to do safely.

For what it's worth, I got a big cottonwood in the backyard that I would like to take down. I have done some felling, but am sure not a pro but would take it down if it was out in the woods somewhere. There is no way I would tackle that tree with all the houses, garages, wires and fences in the way. A big part of Doing It Yourself is knowing what you can do and what should be left to a pro. Sure would love to have the lumber drying in the barn though.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Topic Follow-ups:

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC