> Ask a Question > Fix It Forum > faux painting
Login | Register

faux painting

Posted by J. Hunter on October 21st, 2002 01:02 AM
In reply to Suade paint by Samantha on October 8th, 2002 09:10 PM [Go to top of thread]

Moderator Post:
> Ralph Lauren Paint Help by Handyman on 10/27/2004

The very best advice I could offer is...hire a faux professional. It is what we do, make folks happy and their surroundings more fun. I have found that most of the "do it yourself" books are helpful, but limit your results to the 'inside that box' thinking that the particular book or article you are working with offers. Regular house painters don't do what we do either. It really takes 'outside the box' thinking to create unique finishes. If you have trouble locating a faux artist in your area, check the local paint stores for recommendations or check out the theatre department of the nearest college. I learned most of my 'outside the box' thinking while I was designing and painting scenery in college and for summer stock productions. It worked for me. Good Luck, and if you are located in California, drop me a note and I will try to help.

Was this post helpful? Yes: or No:

Topic History:

Thread Closed
The Webmaster has closed this topic to new posts. Please see the “Most Relevant Post” as suggested by the forum Moderator or go to top of topic for a full history of this topic as it may have been answered. We also recommend searching other topics to see if your question has been answered or starting a new topic.

About  | FAQ  | Contact  | Sitemap  | Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use  | Help

© 2016 Renovate Your World LLC